A beautifully green lawn is a must for your dream home. Artificial turf has become very popular in recent years, especially for those who don’t want to be burdened with frequent mowing and watering. People who have grown real grass are tired of dealing with dead grass and muddy backyards and just want a yard that is easy to take care of, and artificial turf is a great product for that.
However, a live lawn is more beautiful, and has excellent touching and feeling, with fresh dew and natural smell in the morning. We are also expecting to see the grass grow naturally.
Here are some pros and cons of a live lawn
Pros of a live lawn
- Purifies the air and provides fresh oxygen, so that it can reduce a household’s carbon footprint
- Live grass can act as a natural air conditioner, making a lush backyard a very pleasant place to be on a hot day. Natural grass will be much cooler than artificial grass.
- Lawns can be a natural fire barrier. When mowed to less than 10 cm, many types of green grass are highly resistant to fire and can stop the spread of flames.
Cons of a live lawn
- Require frequent care: mowing every once in a while, and regular watering
- May attracts and produces many mosquitoes
- Natural grass requires a lot of water to stay healthy, so this will increase your water bill.
- It should not be used immediately after installation.
Here are some pros and cons of an Artificial Grass
Pros of Artificial Grass
- Does not require constant care
- Only an occasional dust rinse is required, which greatly reduces the amount of water used.
- Save on post-maintenance costs, like pruning, watering, weeding and fertilizing.
- Muddy footprints can be avoided after children and pets play on the lawn.
- Looks immaculate all year round
Cons of Artificial Grass
- Relatively higher front-end installation costs
- In the hot summer, artificial turf can be very hot and emit heat to the outside.
- Not the best choice for the environment since it is not recyclable.
Overall, when you are hesitant, you can consider practical issues such as cost and maintenance, or make decisions based on your personal preference.
Finally, if you are seeking improvements and would like someone to take care of your landscaping needs, then look no further than Everlast Services. We have experienced landscapers too, who will work with you to create your perfect outdoor living space.
Service Area: Melbourne · Hoppers Crossing · Truganina · Laverton · Point Cook · Malvern · Altona & Altona Meadows · Toorak · Werribee & Werribee South · Wyndham Vale · Armadale · Tarneit · Williams Landing · Deanside · Rockbank · Caroline Springs · Ravenhall · Sanctuary Lakes · Williamstown · Newport · Seaholme · Derimut · Seabrook · Yarraville ·