Have you ever wondered about what happens after you install security gates? Well, the next thing you should do is be careful with maintaining them! Yes, careful! Remember, just because you have them installed in place doesn’t mean it is safe-proof. Just as it keeps your family away from trespassers and danger, you should also protect your loved ones along with maintaining it cautiously.
So how do we reduce the risk that comes along with it? Everlast Services has experience handling security gates and has a few tips for those who want extra pre-planning ahead.
A safety hand guide:
- Technicians are experienced. Experienced enough to know they do and don’ts, the risks, and precautions. Be sure to always listen to them and inquire more if there is something you don’t understand.
- Avoid barriers all the time. No matter what reason (unless a technician is there).
- If there’s something faulty, contact the technician first. The technician knows more than you, trying to fix it yourself is the fastest way to guarantee an accident.
- Make sure your children’s safety is a priority first. Make sure to always prime the environment to be safe-proof and risk-free. If there’s a remote, always make sure it’s out of reach from the children’s view.
- Always scan for dirt, debris, and dust that might clog up the security gate’s function.
- When cleaning your gates, remember to ease the pressure as it is made out of steel and can be damaged easily. Remember not to use a high-pressure hose or spray because it ruins the powder coating on it.
- Excessive use of water will accelerate rust on the security gate. Use a soft wet cloth to wipe any water/liquid on the gate.
Maintaining a security gate must be done safely and cautiously, but if you are short on time and would like someone to take care of your landscaping needs, then look no further than Everlast Services. We have experienced landscapers too, who will work with you to create your perfect outdoor living space. Regardless of where you are, be it Altona, Laverton, or Truganina, we will be there for you to create your ideal outdoor living space!