Having deck boards in your home can not only provide surface to supports everything you’ll put on your deck, also they might be the most visible part of the entire structure. Well, when you really think about building a deck, the material is no doubt the most important factor to consider.
There are numbers of materials, such as composites, PVC, hardwood imports and many more. What to choose is totally up to your personal and practical tastes. Each material has its own unique aesthetic appeal, maintenance requirements, and other important considerations to keep in mind when choosing.
- Withstands rot, mold and insects.
- Affordable. This material is the least expensive type of decking material.
- Easily available.
- Requires regular maintenance. This material requires power washing, sanding and regular re-staining.
There are many types of composite decking. In general, the word “composite” means different materials combined to make a new finished product. It is the fastest-growing deck material today.
- Low-Maintenance. It does not require cleaning specially. You don’t have to stain, paint.
- Susceptible to moisture. They will suffer moisture and water damage over time because of the wood part.
- This material is not the cheapest material on this list.
- Darker colors will fade over time due to UV rays and weather.
PVC (Polyvinyl chloride) is 100 percent recyclable and looks very similar to natural wood. They are available in many levels of quality
- It is one of the most affordable decking materials.
- Mold and scratch resistant.
- Available in design options. Various texture and color selection.
- Lack of resilience to harsh weather conditions.
- Difficult to repair.
Now, do you get the point to choose the perfect material for your decking? If you have any doubt, feel free to contact us Everlast Services. We are always more than happy to visit your home, provide detailed information and samples, and discuss how we can best meet your needs.